On my last post, I have discussed 5 cool Gmail features, today I will share some advanced Gmail settings which make your Gmail jobs easier and give you a PRO like feel.
- Mail delegation
Mail delegation feature has a variety of aspect for use. It provides flexibility to deal with multiple email or multiple users. Let’s have some scenario which can be deal with the help of this feature.
- Scenario- 1: You have three different Gmail ids, and you need to check all emails every day. By using this feature, you can manage all your ids from one place.
- Scenario- 2: You need to give your email id to someone or multiple people for use. This feature allows you to grant limited access to your email. The delegate will be able to read, send, reply, delete mail only and be able to manage your contacts as well. However, the delegate will be restricted to access the following Change Password, Chat with someone and Accessing Gmail settings.
- Step-1: Click on Gear icon > Click Settings > Click ‘Accounts and Import Tab’. Find ‘Grant access to your account’ and click ‘Add account.’
- Step-2: Put the email address to which you will grant the access and follow the steps.
A verification email to be sent to the delegate user. After granting permission, it will take 30 minutes to get active.
- Disposable email & Email filter.
Let’s have some example which you face daily with your email account.
Issue: Inbox full with too many junk emails.
It is very often you need to provide your email address to subscribe a service, or you need to go through a signup process to avail a service. But it is very annoying when you receive too many unwanted emails from that provider. Sometimes the unsubscribe link also not work properly to get rid of this issue, and your inbox gets full.
Well, it is quite easy to handle this problem by using a disposable email id. So what is disposable email ? its an easy one to create, say your email id is “[email protected] “ now just add a “+” sign with some name like “[email protected],” that’s it, your disposable email address is ready. Google does not accept any text after “+,” so [email protected] will land up in your inbox [email protected] ( Basically [email protected] and [email protected] both are same as Gmail).
So, when you need to sign up for a service and you don’t want to receive an email from them just use a disposable email address instead of original email id.
As of now, you know about disposable email, and I am sure you will use it next time.
- Email Filter
Email filtering is an excellent way to manage all your incoming and outgoing emails. It is pretty handy to manipulate all email list with a self-designed synchronized manner. Follow the instructions to execute the filter.
To bring the filter box click on the drop-down menu in the search box or click on gear icon > select filter and block address > click create a new filter.
- Quick Links.
Quick link feature has many aspects on use, this feature is quite close to bookmark tools. For example, if you often do some tasks and need to check or customize on a daily basis, these tools make your job easier. Follow the steps below to enable quick link feature.
- Click on Gear Icon.
- Select Settings.
- Select Lab.
- Scroll down and enable Quick Link Labs.
- Save changes.
Create Quick Link
- Click ellipses in the bottom left.
- Navigate the page you want to create a Quick Link.
- Click on “add quick link” and do as directed.
- Canned Responses.
Canned is very use full tools, it is used to keep any text for reuse. For example, if you need to send the same message, again and again, just enable canned responses and create it.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Select Labs.
- Find Canned Responses and enable it.
Now click on compose to create an email and follow the instructions below.
Now how to use canned you saved.
- Click on compose.
- Click the drop-down ( Same as the last picture)
- Click on canned & select saved canned from insert menu.
Is this information worth to you? Please do let us know your feedback. To get updated subscribe us & follow us on social media. Don’t forget to share with your friend, see next post.