Gmail is a Google product and needs no preamble. Gmail is the most used free email service on the internet planet, and the ease of functionality make Gmail to hold the top most rank based on popularity. Gmail bundle with lots of feature, and we use only few of them. Let’s try this hand picks cool Gmail feature which will ease your Gmail experience like a pro.
Let’s have a brief of this feature
- Preview Pan – Provide you an easy email view.
- Undo Send – Keep you to stop sending an email before delivered.
- Re-arrange chat area – Helps you to keep your chat area separate.
- Compact View – Lets you access email dashboard in a compact way.
- Check Gmail Activity – By using this feature, you can control all your login activity.
Let’s start in details.
- Enable Preview Pan.
This service allows you to view your email along side, named by pan area. This feature allows you to navigate easily within your all labels & emails. You can set the pan position either vertically or horizontally.
- Step – 1: Click on gear icon > And press Settings.
- Step – 2: Click Labs in Tab Menu > Scroll down and find Preview Pan, click ‘Enable.’ Go down and click on ‘Save Changes.’
- Step – 3: Back to Gmail dashboard, you will find the Preview Pan icon, click drop down arrow and choose Vertical Split.
- Step – 4: Now you see a panel like this, just navigate in the mail, the email will be displayed now on the right side. You can choose ‘Horizontal View’ to see the Pan Below.
- Undo Send.
Sometimes you are typing an email, and by slip-up, you hit the send button before the mail complete. It’s quite annoying, and for an outstanding communication, it carries a negative impact. To get rid of that just enable the ‘Undo Send’ option in general tab. It provides you a 30-second time frame to stop the mail.
Settings > General Tab > Undo Send
- Re-arrange chat area.
Sometimes we need to re-arrange the default view setting to avail flexible move. It is better to keep aside the chat box area. To do that, just do the following, it will move the chat box to the right side of the inbox.
- Steps: Gear Icon > Settings > Labs Scroll down and Enable Right Side Chat
- Compact View.
This one is quite handy to view the dashboard with a compact mode. This option resizes the row height of email list. Click on Gear icon drop down and just click ‘Compact.’
- Check Gmail Activity.
Gmail account activity is a great tool, and a must use the feature. By using this tool, you can track your login activity and secure your account. Just scroll down to the end of Gmail dashboard you will find “Last account activity” click details, it will show the list of your login & login activity, click on “Sign out all other web sessions.” You can also set “Alert preference” for any unusual activity.
Like this post? Do share with your friends. Your feedback always appreciates, let me know what you think about Technotizia.
Stay connected to get all update.